Thursday, January 19, 2017

Chic Easy Hairstyles Part 1

Waking up in the morning is trouble enough, but what’s even more stressful is taming that hair! We tend to stick to morning routines and the basic boring looks because we just don’t have enough time in the morning. A book called 5-Minute Hairstyles by Jenny Strebe, including 50 hairstyles for the typical girl on the go, inspired me to experiment with some of the hairstyles to see if they are quick and easy while still looking good.
5-Minute Hairstyles by Jenny Strebe

This first look I tried was called a “Full Fishtail Pony”. I tried this look because "it looks great lived-in, so you don't have to worry about getting a little messy throughout the day" (Strebe 18), which means if throughout the day your hair gets messy, your hair will still be looking good. My friend Angela had volunteered to be my hair model, so getting started I gathered her hair in a high pony tail securing her hair with an elastic. Secondly I started fish tail braiding the pony tail by dividing it into two pieces and taking one small piece of hair from each side and bringing it over to the other side repeatedly. I fish tail braided until I got to the end of her hair and secured the end of the braid with another elastic. Lastly I went back to the top of the braid and slightly pulled the sides of the fishtail to make her hair look more voluminous, a tip from Strebe on page 18.

"Full Fishtail Pony" modeled by Angela
In all I recommend this look because it was very easy and quick to do. The Full Fishtail Pony is an effortless yet a very pretty braid. You can wear this braid neat or messy, which ever suits you. 

Would you wear a Full Fishtail Pony? And how would you personalize this braid? Read my next blog to learn what my following easy chic hairstyle will be!





6 comments:

  1. Wow!! I love the hair style and is easy to do on my hair! Thanks so much for the idea, it's very helpful for when I don't know what I should do. I like that you included all of the resources to the hair styles so if I wanted to I could easily look them up. Keep posting! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback Eve! I am glad you enjoyed this hairstyle and if you have any hairstyle request I would pleased to accept them.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make it look beautiful and so easy. Unfortunately i'm not very good with styling my own hair but i will definitely give it a try. Thank you for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jorja, I appreciate that you like this hairstyle. A tip that I would advice for this style, if you're not good at doing your hair you can flip your ponytail and braid over your face so that you can see what you're doing in front of a mirror and your arms wont be as tired as if you were to braid from the back.

      Delete