Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Chibi Drawings

I got introduced into the "Chibi" (meaning small person) art style from a multitude of friends and family artists. I took interest quickly and started drawing, using this unique style to adjust my drawing style and to give my drawings a unique feeling. Using several artists techniques, I began to piece together my piece of art. I then began to use these techniques to learn and to adapt to other artists, to show off my own style.
Pencil sketch


Using these techniques, I was able to understand the elements put together to form a chibi fit for me to draw. The sudden realization of detail has put me through improvement, to continue and progress onward. While viewing other artists, I decided to incorporate their styles into mine, to provide more insight on what can be drawn. My admiration towards the artist Sandra G. H. has lead to me improving vastly among my past works. I incorporated many details of Sandra's work into mine, to improve more as a drawer.


These techniques helped me improve my drawings by sketching them out step by step. This helped me understand drawing more by piecing together more aspects of drawing, such as volume and anatomy. I am still working on detail, and coloration as well. I plan to integrate more techniques into my drawings.

What do you think is the most important aspect of a chibi?






Minguet, Eva. Chibi manga: irresistible! New York, NY: Harper Design, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, 2016. Print.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tommy,
    Nice chibi drawing up there! I really like how realistic it is. Personally I've never really got way into depth with chibi drawing but during my younger years I have tried to draw some. To answer your question, I think the most important aspect of a chibi is their bigger heads and minimilist bodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dylin!
      Chibi drawings always consist of giant heads and small bodies, but I think detail might be just as an important aspect as a small body. The head is just about 60% of the overall chibi, and those small details can factor in a lot of the overall aesthetic appeal to the viewers.

      Delete