Sunday, January 29, 2017

Natural Makeup Look P2: Eyes and Lips Makeup Masterclass

Hello and welcome back to my Makeup Journey! In my last post, I worked on part of of my natural look, doing the base of the look. In this blogpost, I will be continuing on from the base look and working on features such as my Eyes, Brows, Lips, Lashes, and more! These are the finishing touches that will make or break a natural look. these features all depend on color choice, if you use a color that does not fit your skin tone, your features will look to dramatic, and less natural. Today I will be using Jemma Kidd's Makeup Masterclass tips for olive natural skin.

Finished Brows
First, I began by working on my brows. Although I am not striving for a drastic 'Fleeky Brow' however, due to the fact that my eyebrows have a more arched and precise shape, they naturally do look very similar to the trend. for natural brows Kidd does not state to do much, simply stating to "Groom and Define the brows" so I just filled them in as I do naturally, filling them in with a KBeauty brow pencil filler, and then correcting any mistakes with concealer.

Then, I moved onto eyes, Kidd instructs to "subtly define the eyes with a blend of light shimmery beige gold and mushroomy brown powder eye-shadows. apply a wash of beige gold over the lid, then intensify the color at the socket and outer corner of the eye with a darker shade, blend well. Curl lashes and apply black lengthening mascara" I followed the eye shadow color chart for olive skin and then used her instructions to create the perfect natural eyeshadow look first priming my eyelids with elf primer and then using my ELF browns palette and my Blackheart palette , then finishing the eyes with the ELF fiberlash mascara.










Kidd's Natural Eyeshadow Chart
Finally I moved to lips. for lips Kidd instructs to "Keep lips moisturized and protected with a rose tinted lip balm. if using lipstick, use a darker nude which gives a light sheen of natural color." For my lips, I first applied a Chap-Stick Watermelon soft pink tinted lip Balm, and then decided to go with Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick in the shade 'Celebrity Skin' which in my opinion is the perfect natural nude for my skin tone as its a darker nude with a brown undertone. After applying my liquid lipstick my makeup look was complete!
Celebrity Skin in comparison to lip chart

Final Finished Product
Overall I think I did very well! Aside from the brows, which could use a bit of work, the look is extremely natural! using the shimmer in the corners of my eyes really gave a natural brightness into my eyes, and the nude lipstick is almost unrecognizable. I will continuing on with Kidd's instructions for a natural everyday makeup look for olive skin as the tutorial really did work! My question to you all is what feature do you think I could work on a bit more when doing natural makeup, and how should I fix it?

No comments:

Post a Comment