Saturday, January 21, 2017

Healthy Green Drinks: Just Peachy

Hello! So today will be my fifth and last post. Since it is my last post, I decided to make a drink that I knew I would end up loving, due to one of the ingredients of course, which in this case is peach. So for today I decided to make a smoothie called, Just Peachy, from the book The Healthy Green Drink Diet by Jason Manheim.

                          Ingredients:
                          4 whole peaches
                          1-2 cups spinach
                          water/ice









This was the most simple smoothie I've had to make so far. All I did was grab four peaches, wash them, and then slice them up and put them into the blender. Then, I washed some spinach and put that in. Lastly, I added both water and ice. Ice to make it a bit thicker as it is a smoothie and not a juice. I also added the water to help the smoothie blend easier.


So as you can see, this a pretty simple drink and totally not complex as some of my past drinks, though this had peach in it, so I couldn’t resist. The first ingredient being peach has great flavor of course, but along with that, it has many great benefits related to health. According to Jason Manheim, peaches are very rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, phosphorus, zinc, and copper which really reminds me of my chemistry class. But along with that, they are also a really good source of dietary fibers and do not contain any saturated fat or cholesterol. Then the next ingredient for this drink is spinach. We all know that spinach is one the healthiest vegetables in the world as I had mentioned back in my first post. I talked about how it is filled with many great vitamins. Though along with that, it also has a lot of, “manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, calcium, and potassium” (Manheim 24). So really, you could throw spinach into anything and it would make it ten times healthier. Which is why I have started to put spinach in the food I eat so much more often.

I ended up loving this drink just like I thought I would have. I tasted a lot of the spinach as it is very strong, but I also was really able to taste the peach too. This was definitely a drink I would make much more often just because I love it so much and it doesn’t require as many ingredients as the other ones did. But I do recommend trying some of my past drinks and of course this one too!

While being on the topic of green smoothies, what your favorite green smoothie?

Manheim, Jason. The Healthy Green Drink Diet. New York, Skyhorse, 2012. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jaspreet! I don't typically drink green juices, but in the instances that I have had a green drink, I like to add spinach, green apples, and strawberries. I think you did a great job creating a green drink that also tastes good. When I had attempted to make a green drink, it turned out horrible, which is why I never tried it again. Overall your green drink looks great and is easy to make too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ritu! Thank you for looking through my blog! The smoothie that you said you like sounds great! I would love to try it sometime. I get what you mean by the green drinks tasting bad. Before I got into making them, mine always turned out bad too. Sometimes, it just depends on what you like in your foods and drinks. It also may depend on how much of each ingredient you are putting in. For example, before I bought this book and used specific recipes, I would never measure what I would be putting into the blender, and sometimes one of the ingredients turned out to dominate the rest of the drink. So maybe you should try checking out a specific recipe and follow that!

      Delete