Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Maradona

This skill is one that needs to be practiced thoroughly in order to correctly do the move. If the move is effective, you’ll spin right by your defender and be on your way to scoring a goal. Ace McCloud, the author of “Soccer Strategies” says that “This is one of the hardest moves to perform, but if executed perfectly, it’s virtually impossible for the defense to stop it” (McCloud 21). The Maradona is a very difficult move to do, but Ace gives us step-by-step instructions on how to correctly do it. First, you dribble forward then place your right foot on the ball to make it stop. Then keep it there and jump in the air while doing a spin. During the spin, put your left foot on the ball, roll it forward, and continue on your way.


When I first tried doing the move I struggled with it. The YouTube link that Ace McCloud includes at the end of his description helps me to see exactly how the move is performed. I’m more a visual learner so this helped me out a lot. After trying the move about five times I started to get it down. Now it’s easy for me to do even with a defender in front of me. Just by reading a few pages out of a book, I added a new move to my game.


Are there any moves that you guys recommend I try out? I know some of the basic ones like the “Scissors” or the “Rainbow” but I’d like to add some more advanced moves to my arsenal. Thanks for reading and comment regarding any new moves.

McCloud, Ace. Soccer: Soccer Strategies: The Top 100 Best Ways to Improve Your Soccer Game. Charleston, SC: CreateSpace, 2015. Print.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Cruz,
    I've had a lot of experience with this technique on Fifa. Every time I get past mid field the opponent's defenders always steals the ball from me. Now that you've shown me the correct way to get past defenders, I might actually be able to score successfully!

    ReplyDelete