Saturday, January 28, 2017

Practicing


Another topic the author talked about was practicing for 10,000 hours and until now, I never really thought about counting how many hours I have played soccer or how many hours I was playing soccer in a week. In the book, the author said, “At the time, people thought that the really top violinists would train for fewer hours than the less accomplished musicians because they had natural talent and “didn’t need to practice”. But Eriksson discovered the complete opposite” (Abrahams 126). Including me, a lot of people think that some people who are really talented don’t work hard  or practice a lot but the author said the complete opposite and this made me think that if I want to get better I should maybe increase the hours I play soccer. The author also said that you need to have a balance in your training (137). This helped me realize that I am not practicing right; I need to work both on the physical and mental side of the game because until now I have only been working on the physical side of the game. If there isn't a balance than it won't really matter if i am really good if i don't have the confidence to show my skills or take risks than i won't be able to play at my best. In the picture below i am writing down a plan on what i am going to practice everyday.


Do you think practicing something for 10,000 hours will make you really good at it?

Abrahams, Dan. Soccer Tough: Simple Football Psychology Techniques to Improve Your Game. Birmingham, UK: Bennion Kearny, 2012. Print.




1 comment:

  1. I greatly agree with you and believe that you should practice makes you better.This connects to basketball and football since they both need practice.

    ReplyDelete