Thursday, January 26, 2017

Learn Drawing Quickly: Combining Different Drawing Styles

Welcome to my final blog post. In this blog post I am combing all the previous skills I have learned throughout this experience. I will be drawing gestures with an angle and tone added to it. When drawing, you want to add different kinds of techniques. If you don’t, your drawing will look very bland. I decided to draw a coffee pot, a coffee bean bag and a bottle of pills. Something you may see in your everyday life.
 For the coffee pot I added tone to where the shadows would naturally hit. And for the coffee bean bag I made it a gestural drawing, not adding much detail. But enough so the person looking at the drawing can tell what it is there for. When drawing these, you have to have an open mind (Finmark 71). In Learn Drawing Quickly the author says “Once combining your drawings, you are able to get a look into the real world. You should be free when drawing and have fun with it. It makes or breaks the natural feel of the drawing” (Finmark 71). Looking back, I can definitely see that I improved. And I’m proud of it!

Are there any skills you have improved in or want to improve in? If so, what are they?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela! Good job on your drawing! I really like the way you drew your coffee bean bag, with the creases and the shading, it looks really good. Though I would say to make it even more realistic, you should erase the line that runs through the bag, because it makes the bag seem like it's transparent. Other than that, though, really good job, and I can definitely see improvement from your first drawing to this last one!

    ReplyDelete