Sunday, January 29, 2017

Realistic Drawing - Eyes Pt. 2 (Final)

After some practice on other drawings and consulting the book for more tips, I have completed the final version of a human eye. Most of what was left to do was to add detail into the iris, then shade around the eye and eyelids. Before I did this, however, I checked through the chapter "Realistic Facial Features" to make sure I wasn't missing anything important.

The author does give many helpful tips on the iris. She states "Drawing the lines in the iris from the pupil outward will give the eye more depth and realism" (Parks 158). She also recommends a 6b lead pencil for shading the eye, but I didn't have one at the time, so I worked with a standard 2B lead pencil. Using a sharpened tip helped get finer details, such as the eyelashes and eyebrow hairs, while a duller pencil helped with shading under the eyelids.

This is my final post, and so far, this book has definitely helped me learn how to draw with more detail, especially with human features. Shading techniques, drawing tool recommendations and reference photos all aided my in my goal to improve my drawing skills.

Any final advice you would like to give when it comes to drawing facial features?




Parks, Carrie Stuart., and Rick Parks. The Big Book of Realistic Drawing Secrets. Cincinnati, OH: North Light, 2009. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment