Thursday, January 26, 2017

Outdoor Photography with Dylin Wen: Coping With The Weather

Outdoor Photography with Dylin Wen


Coping With The Weather



"Our cameras have taken us places we would never have dreamed of going otherwise. And we find that the more we shoot, the greater our wanderlust grows" (L.L.Bean 135).


Welcome to my last blog for a while. This time I will be talking about coping and dealing with the weather. If you are planning a trip to an unfamiliar area, make sure you understand the weather before you get there. Bringing the correct equipment and material will be a big factor in your photo taking quality.

What are some problems that emerge from the weather and how can I resolve these problems?
At this time of the year cold weather will be the biggest issue against your photo taking skills. Cold weather causes a huge drain on camera batteries. If you will be out for a long period of time it is recommended that you bring a fresh new pair of batteries. Warm and hot weather is overall the largest issue against photography. Since most people will be out taking photos during the Spring and Summer, you should always be aware that the heat can cause parts of your camera to become weak. It's very important that you keep it away from the sun and in the shade.


Light Shining On The Green River
Other than that, the weather is the most important part of your photograph. Yeah you can always use picture formatting, lighting, or perspective, but what would a photograph be without the warm sun shining down at a calm river or the frost of a cold morning thawing on a bridge? I hope you enjoyed this and learned something valuable in any of my blogs.



Do you see yourself using any of the tips I provided in the future?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dylin!
    Just a suggestion, timing of the day is also very important. When it is most bright out, it is the warmest. During this Winter season, I would take pictures around 3-4, when it starts getting dark. The colors clash and provide a sense of color to apply emphasis on your focus. My photos are mostly in the dark, so they consist of larger apertures to apply more light. Personally, a tip that I'm really looking forward to using in the future is the timing of the day. I feel if I actually took photos in the day more, I would have more to capture, rather than colors unifying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! Photography is one of my hobbies, I love looking back at all the pictures I have made. And I've got to say, you're right the best pictures are the ones with the sun in the background. Hopefully your tips on taking pictures in the summer and winter can help me take better pictures in the future.

    ReplyDelete