Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Bitesize Heart Cookies


For my third blog post, I decided to up the ante and move onto some more complicated designs, and by complicated I mean more than a basic circle. Since the cookies are relatively small, “bite-sized” as referred to as the author I thought it would make it somewhat easier (Edwards 31).

               I started by combining the dough as I normally would and since I have now mastered the sugar cookie recipe it only took a matter of minutes. I then rolled the dough out then baked them for ten minutes. As the cookies were baking I was I worked on the icing which is where things started to go downhill
                                            

The part that really got me was the icing. The consistency turned out a lot different than I wanted it to but it still worked out relatively fine. I separated the icing into two different bowls and tinted them different shades of pink.



After creating a giant sticky mess, I was satisfied with how only two the cookies turned out. These are definitely the best out of the bunch which is rather disappointing. However, they definitely tasted better so all of the hard work wasn’t in vain.



               Cookies like these are pretty good gifts whether it be to a neighbor, friend, or even a loved one so this skill isn’t completely useless no matter how much you might hate them after attempting any of these recipes. Meringue powder is very hard to come by, which is one of the most important ingredients. The author says, “Royal icing can be made with egg, whites……I use meringue powder. It’s always in my pantry…” which might have been where I went wrong (13). I failed to accommodate the recipe to the substitution which pretty much set this whole thing off balance but I’m still pretty happy with how they turned out.



               Have you guys ever had an ingredient which was seemingly nonexistent?

No comments:

Post a Comment