Thursday, January 19, 2017

Chic Easy Hairstyles Part 2



Welcome back to my blog! In my previous post I asked how you would personalize the Full Fishtail Pony, because in this post I will continue off of that braid. In the introduction of the book 5-Minute Hairstyles by Jenny Strebe, she talks about how the braids in the book look great but it’s even better if you add your own special touch (Strebe 6). Meaning to be creative and add your own twist! 


                 After reading Strebe’s introduction, I began to look at the hairstyles and thought of ways to make them unique to me. On page 66 I had found the Braided Bun, looking at the picture steps I found them to be similar as the Full Fishtail Pony. I added my own unique touch to the Braided Bun by combing the hairstyle with the Full Fishtail Pony. Taking off where the Full Fishtail Pony ends, all I did was wrap the fishtail around in a bun and there I had a Braided Bun. The only difference between the two hairstyles was that the Braided Bun was a regular braid and you just wrapped the braid around into a bun. 



Images 1-3 Braided Bun modeled by Angela



                By making a little change in the hairstyle, I had made it personalized. The hairstyle was still quick and easy but it looks totally different. As Strede says on page 6 “Weather its adjusting the style of braid you use, or adding a special accessory, you can make each of these styles your own.” So get creative and have fun with your hair, it’s all whatever you think looks good on you.  


                How do you like your hair? Add a little twist and see what happens. Read my next blog to find out what hairstyle is next!

3 comments:

  1. Great job again Anna!! Looks great and somewhat easy to figure out. I think it looks really fun and interesting to do on my own hair or a friends. I am glad you are posting these basic buns coming from a girl who usually always has their hair in a bun everyday. Keep posting! Looks spectacular!! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eve! And yes it is very easy and almost effortless to make a classic bun look a little more interesting, hope you try it out!

      Delete
  2. Anna, I really like this hairstyle, and I think it's really cool that you added your own twist to the original to make it your own. I think this would even be a good idea for me to try, since it doesn't look too hard, and I'm not so good with hairstyles. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete