Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Art of Origami

The Art of Origami Part 5


For my very last post i made a Birdwing Butterfly. About a few post ago i made a moth. What is different about this is that the Birdwing Buttefly from the moth, is that this butterfly has more detail. The authors describe the birdwing as "incredibly beautiful, geometric markings " (Lafosse, Alexander 101).  When i made this butterfly i have to be honest, this butterfly was the most complex piece i have made out of all of my previous creations. As i created the butterfly the authors recommended "using a black and indecent green duo washi for this model" (Lafosse Alexander 102).I used a plain black and white sided paper since i didn't have washi paper and also i didn't want to mess up on one of the more fancy papers i had. What made this difficult is that the large amount of detail it contains.   Although the outcome was very worth the amount of difficulty i caused.








Which is your favorite origami piece that I've made?


LaFosse, Michael G., and Richard L. Alexander. Origami art: 15 exquisite folded paper designs from the Origamido Studio. Tokyo: Tuttle Pub., 2008. Print.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Krislyn!

    I believe this is one of the more intricate and complex designs for origami. Although this might not be my favorite piece of origami you've made, I believe that you've spent mass amounts of effort into making the butterfly. I'm astonished you were able complete all the complex folds and create this masterpiece. How would you rate the difficulty of creating this? Do you recommend it to others for their first time trying origami?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krislyn!
    I really enjoy your origami posts. Ever since I was in elementary I have always made origami. The ones I made were never this detailed but were slightly easier such as an origami tie. To answer the question, my favorite origami you've made is a tie between this and the Mudarri Luna Moth. What is the average time it takes to make a complex origami like this butterfly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Krislyn,
    I think the butterfly came out very well and the complex and different details can be seen. I really think this butterfly is my favorite out of all the pieces you've made probably because of the black and white color scheme.

    ReplyDelete