Saturday, January 28, 2017

The 3 F’s



Another technique I learned to improve as a soccer player is The 3 F’s: focus, fun and freedom. In the book the author said, “The first stage of the 3 F’s is Focus. And quite simply this refers to creating, thinking about and focusing on the Script I introduced you to in Chapter 6 – as you play” (Abrahams 144). I did not think the script was going to help me a lot so I skipped it but now I think I am going to use it to improve my focus and concentration during the games. The author also said that the other 2 F’s are really close to each other and they are Fun and Freedom. He said that he wants his clients to have fun while playing and the freedom to play like the way they want (144). I think I do not have a lot of fun and freedom when I am playing soccer during my games because I am thinking too much about making a mistake and if I play the way I want, the coach and players might not like it and the way I play might not help the team. Now I think I am going to try to have more fun during my games and I am going to play the way I want to.


Do you think that the techniques that I learned can help someone improve their mindset or at the end it just comes down to the person wanting to improve their mindset?

Abrahams, Dan. Soccer Tough: Simple Football Psychology Techniques to Improve Your Game. Birmingham, UK: Bennion Kearny, 2012. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment