Tuesday, January 24, 2017

White Chocolate Macadamias

Vicki Nguyen
Period 4
White Chocolate Macadamias

I forgot to take a picture before I used the ingredients
but here are the left over ingredients I had left.
For my final blog post I decided to pick something different than what I normal make. In the book I found a recipes for white chocolate macadamias cookies. The macadamias will bring a crunch and textural to the already soft cookies, "The cookies was kind of chewy, which we liked, but I thought they needed more spice and more crunch" (Kit Forcey 3).

Ingredients
  • 1 cup of soften butter
  • 3/4 light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup of white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoons of almond extract
  • 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1/3 teaspoons of salt
  • 1 cup of macadamias nut
  • 1 cup of white chocolate chips     (Forcey 3)

Direction

  1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
  3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
  4. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
  5. Mix in the macadamia nuts and white chocolates.
  6. You will want to bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
Overall, I really like these cookies! Kit Forcey the creator of these cookies is right about the extra crunch you get when taking a bit of the cookie. The macadamias nuts does add extra to the cookies. Also adding the white chocolate chip did help the favoring of the cookies.

Do you guys prefer soft or chewy or crunchy cookies?


Sterling, N/A. Sterling Publishing Co., Inc., The Barnes & Noble Cookie Bake-Off: Top 75 Recipes from Around the Country New York 2015,



3 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki! I've been following your posts a lot because I am planning to start baking too. To answer your question, I prefer crunchy cookies better because I like to dunk my cookies in milk, and it being crunchier makes it less likely to get mushy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki,
    I love your blog and the different types of cookies that you do. For your questions, I definitely prefer chewy cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, your cookies look amazing! to answer your question, I personally enjoy a soft chewy cookie rather than a harder cookie. From my experience with making these cookies with other recipes, Ive always used vanilla extract, so I was quite intrigued when I saw you use almond extract. Vanilla extract is a much sweeter, and pairs well with macadamia, so might I suggest you try using vanilla extract in the future? either way your cookies look SO good!- Rahzia

    ReplyDelete