Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Marbled Cookies


For my fifth and final blog post I decided to improvise a little. Early in the book Edwards discusses marbling cookies and I just took that idea and ran with it.  Instead of marbling on the cookie I did it directly in the bowl of tinted icing but besides that I followed all her directions.

               To marble Edwards suggests to “drag a toothpick through the lines to create swirls or zig zags” and I did just that (Edwards 18). Using white icing as the base of the cookies I used light pink, dark pink, and yellow as accent colors. I used plain vanilla sugar cookies as a base and dipped the cookies directly into the icing. Instead of the more precise look Edwards debuts in her book, mixing the colors directly into the icing gave more of a water color look which I actually liked better. While the cookies were drying I left them on a rack so the excess icing could drip down.

               The next day they were dried and tasted pretty good as well. I think out of all of the cookies I had made for this project these turned out the best looking and most aesthetically pleasing.



What colors would you guys do if you recreated this?

No comments:

Post a Comment