Sunday, January 29, 2017

Skin Care Makeup Masterclass

SKIN CARE AND PRODUCT USAGE

What comes on, must come off. Makeup is a great way to enhance your features, however it can be very damaging/harmful to your skin as well. To avoid this, you should attend to your skin before and after wearing makeup, by using skin care products. But with thousands of different products, comes the hard question of what skin care products do I personally need? Everyone's skin is different, so you must cater to your skin when choosing products.

My skin is oily, so I used Jemma Kidd's guidance on skin care products for oily skin. According to Jemma "Skin produces an oil called sebum, which keeps it supple and healthy and protects it from environmental aggressors. Overactive sebaceous glands result in greasy skin with larger open pores. it can be more prone to breakouts, as the excess oil blocks the pores and makes the surface shiny, which also makes it harder for some kinds of makeup to stay on." This explains why I tend to have more open pores, and am very prone to acne/breakouts as well as why my skin has a more shiny appearance.

First, I found a moisturizer that would cater to my skin. Jemma makes it clear on what type of moisturizer men/women with oily skin should use stating "Keep the skin hydrated as it will try to produce more oil if it feels dry. Use water based moisturizers or those formulated for oil control." After looking around at moisturizers I finally settled on one that I felt fit. I decided to purchase the Aveeno 'Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer.' This moisturizer felt like the perfect fit as it is a water based hydrating moisturizer and it also includes Silica, which according to Kidd is a chemical that helps to absorb oil.
Next, I worked on finding acne products/face wash for my skin. when looking for face wash Kidd states "use an Oil based or water based cleanser to dissolve excess sebum... Avoid oil stripping products with a high alcohol content, these make the skin feel fresh short term, but are to harsh and will make the skin worse long term." The product I decided to go with for my acne, that would work with my oily skin was the Clearasil 'Ultra Rapid Action Face Scrub and 5 in 1 Pads.' These face washes are perfect as the wipes work to diminish oily skin, redness, acne, blackheads, and blocked pores. To simulate how the product works with oil, I put coconut oil onto my hand and then applied the products
Before cleaning
After Cleaning with rapid action 



 Finally, I purchased a foundation that would work to work with my skin, rather than fight it. once again I strived to find a foundation with Silica, and that was water based.  After looking around, I found the perfect one. I decided to purchase the Revlon 'Colorstay 24hr Oily/Combination Skin' This foundation is perfect as it not only is water based, but it also includes silica and minerals, which Kidd states "Mineral foundations are perfect for very oily skin, giving it a natural finish.

Now that I have the proper knowledge on skincare and the products that are right for me, I will continue using these in the future.
QOTD: What type of skin type do you have? what products do you use to cater your skin?
 - Rahzia Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment