Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Yoga for Emotional Balance Elena Semenova



This post goes to everyone who has had problems falling asleep, including myself, I had sleeping problems before I tried this easy and effective pose that that helped me just after two days of trying it out! This pose is called Tree, and Bo Forbes describes it as the most efficient way to fix sleeping problems and get yourself better rest within the even 6 hours of sleep that we usually get. When I read about this in the book I was a little skeptical because I never would have thought that one easy pose called The Tree, will help me feel rested and fall asleep faster, but once I tried just putting my legs up on the wall and my hands behind my head, I cleared my mind and got rid of all my worries and problems for 7 minutes, I slept better the first day but the second day is the day that really showed me what an amazing pose The Tree really is. “Everyone loses a lot of sleep because of all the stress and the work we have to do but The Tree will help you with that because it gives the nervous system rest but still gives the neurons enough space to travel and move freely for a couple of minutes before you have to go back to your work” (Bo Forbes 43). I had no idea about the neurons and how it affects us, and especially our sleep. Sleep is very important, it’s very important to me, and its crucial for us to function during the day properly and be efficient in our work and function properly. You guys should really try this one out! It takes no effort and it will help you greatly! Especially with finals and the school work, and the end of the semester coming up you have to get enough sleep! And with The Tree pose you can feel rested in less time, fall asleep faster and feel great when you wake up! Try this pose out you won’t regret it! Good luck.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elena! I loved reading through your blog. I do yoga myself quite often. Just when I read your first sentence, I knew that I would have to try out this yoga pose. Yoga in general makes me feel very relaxed but since I do not do it at night before bed, it does not help me sleep better than how I usually sleep. Though as you said, this one pose could help me sleep better so I am definitely trying this out tonight for sure, especially with finals coming up! I'm so glad I came across your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I recommend this pose so much! and since you already do yoga this pose and my other ones will be easy for you< but the fact that you do the yoga poses right before bed might be the reason why there isn't any change in your sleeping habits. I recommend doing some yoga poses including this pose 1-2 hours before you go to bed because that way the muscles have time to adapt and the neurons have some time to adjust back to your daily routine. But I love this pose and for finals I love using it! give it a try!

      Delete
  2. Hi Elena, I loved this position because with all these finals I am pretty stressed out and when I tried out this position and did help me to really relax and made me feel much better. Good work, keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This position helped with all the finals too! I'm really glad you tried this pose out and I'm really glad it helped you! it helps me greatly and I'm happy my experience helped you too! thank you try out my other poses!

      Delete