Saturday, January 21, 2017

1 minute mug cake

Vicki Nguyen
Period 4
Hot Cocoa Cake in a Mug

For my fourth blog post I will be make a simple cake. My last blog post was about hot chocolate cookies. I still have some left over hot chocolate powder, so I found a recipe that also includes hot cocoa. The best part of this recipes is that all you need is a microwave! If you're a chocolate lover than this is just for you, "...used better-quality chocolate for all of my chocolate lover" (Jennifer Adams 104).

Ingredients
  • 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa power or hot chocolate packages
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbsp of granulated sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 5 tbsp of milk
  • 2 tbsp of vegetable oils (Adams 104).
Direction 
  1. Mix the dry ingredients first. Mix the flour, cocoa or hot chocolate powder, baking powder, sugar, and salt all together.
  2. Add the milk and oil in the same bowl and mix well.
  3. Place the batter into your mug.
  4. Microwave for 60 or more seconds at 1200 watts, adjust time according to the power of your microwave.
  5. After taking the mug cake out let it cool down and enjoy. (Adams 104).
My thoughts on the cake mug is that it is super easy to do and is really good. Also, when you are making this with the measurement it only filled half of my mug. At first I thought it wasn't going to be good because the cake is made from a microwave and not an oven. . But I was wrong this is probably my favorite desserts I made so far on this blog. 

Do you guys prefer cakes or cookies?


Sterling, N/A. Sterling Publishing Co., Inc., The Barnes & Noble Cookie Bake-Off: Top 75 Recipes from Around the Country New York 2015,

7 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki! Your blog post for making hot cocoa cake in a mug is interesting. It's my first time knowing that you can simply make a cake in a minute. I would surely try and do this. In answer to your question, I prefer cakes better than cookies, because I like the moist texture of cakes rather than the chewy texture of cookies. Again, nice job and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you I love cakes more than cookies because of the moist texture!

      Delete
  2. Wow! This was a very cool recipe that I have never heard of. I always try and make the brownie in a mug and it never turns out correctly... but I am now excited to try this! Looks very delicious and interesting to try. Can't wait to see the next post! Great job and keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eve! I hope your mugs cake will turn out amazing. I saw your blogs too and I love the hair styles you did. I wish I was talented to do my own hair.

      Delete
  3. To answer your question I prefer cookies to cake because sometimes cake is too sweet for me, but I am interested in trying this recipe since it looks so simple. But if I were to make this and I only had hot chocolate packages and not cocoa powder, do you think there would be a difference in the end result?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The outcome will be the same. I only had hot cocoa packages instead of cocoa powder. All I did differently was added the whole mix instead of 2 tablespoons. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Vicki,
    Hopefully your hot cocoa cake came out well! I think this idea is incredibly creative. To answer your questions, it depends on my mood. I definitely love both cake and cookies, so I can't really decide which I like better.

    ReplyDelete