Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Eve Waters Braid #2

Eve Waters
Hairstyle #2
Jan 25th





Hello Bloggers! Last time I showed you the basic 1 french braid down the back with my model Austin. Today I wanted to spice it up a little and show 2 dutch braids. I am still using the book "The Braid" By Sarah Hiscox and Willa Burton. On page 24 the braid is called "Naomi" . The author shows the amazingly easy ways to keep it simple and cute. I had Austin be my model to show what it would look on a girl with not super thick hair nor thin. So it was perfect to show anyone could try this on themselves. I used to not be a comfortable braider but now I have lots of confidence just from at least giving some of them at least a shot. Hope you enjoy and try this at home!


My first step was gather all my materials for the braid, such as a comb and hair ties. Next I parted her hair at a slanted direction so it is not a middle part.


Next you start on one side of your head the dutch braid. The goal is to keep the braid tight and sticking to the head so it wont come undone if you decide to sleep with them in. KEY: You aren't french braiding like you would go over, over under... You will start by going UNDER over (repeat). You want the braid to be popping out of your head sort of to make sure it looks visible.
Displaying Snapchat-230193133.jpg    Displaying Snapchat-1070542130.jpg

Continue on with under over until you reach the end of the ponytail and tie the hair tie on the end to insure it will not come undone. That is when you know that you are on the right track and have another braid left to go! Half way done!!
Displaying Snapchat-839782317.jpg

Continue on to do the next braid the same way as you did the first.

This is the finished product of what the hair should look like when you are done. Tight to the head and not to lose around the edges of her head.

Displaying Snapchat-1466981304.jpgDisplaying Snapchat-1667259305.jpg
 


This is what the book showed as the Naomi as an example.
Image result for dutch braid called the naomi


Hope you like the braids and keep viewing them!! Thank you for taking time to read this! Any braid requests next? Should I try cornrows? I think its time for a challenge. See you soon!!

3 comments:

  1. great job on your blog post! I loved reading about the technique you use and the I love the way the braid turned out! I could use to never be able to do great braids but since I tried out the yoga poses I talked about in my blog posts, I was able to achieve great braids! Its difficult to do yoga with my long hair so I usually will do some braids, and Ill defiantly try out your braids though! Looking forward to your new blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elena!! I understand having a lot of hair to deal with so good luck and have fun trying out this braid!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eve, great blog post! I love doing these braids because they are so quick and easy to do. They last all day and keep all of my hair out of my face. Especially for dance, these braids are great so that I don't have to constantly redo my hair. I loved how you did the braids on someone who doesn't have too thick or too thin hair, it shows how this braid can be done on any hair type and I really like that you included that! I haven't done those braids in a while so they may not turn out super great when I do them. I'll have to start practicing them again! Keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete