Sunday, January 29, 2017

Setting Up for the future (post 5)

So as this is my last post I thought I should reflect on the progress I've made over this time period while also showing what I'm going to do following this.

The best way to show the improvement I've made is through not only my pure times but also through the swim diary that Salo had talked about keeping. This shows more of the statistics that are all extremely important to how I ended up getting the time I got.

Displaying File_000.jpeg
(The Top is the current and the bottom is the original)

Now I went back to the book to try and figure out where exactly I should go from here. What I found where I should go from here is what Salo calls Period swimming. Salo explains it as, "the scientific and systematic process of designing a season by breaking it into various phases" (Salo 185). He then goes on to explain what explains the phases are. First you would start off your season off with preparation and training then moving on to build stroke specific strength. Then you should finish that phase in time for your big competition part of the season and once that ends spending some time with rest and recovery. (Salo 186).

So what I'll do now is talk to my coach about how we can work in the sets and training I've learned in to book into our actual practice. The final question I really have is whether or not you have noticed these four phases in some way in your sport season?

No comments:

Post a Comment