Thursday, January 26, 2017

Chic Easy Hairstyles Part 3

In this third post, I would like to share one of the simplest hairstyles- the Curly Front Twist. This braid is very easy for quick mornings and to cover up that second day hair. First off, you want to have two strands of hair from one side of your head in the front, and as Jenny Strebe says in her 5-Minute Hairstyles book, “using only two strands of hair instead of three makes it a much easier choice if you are unsure of how to braid, or only have limited time!” (Strebe 104). Then, all you want to do is twist the two stands around each other grabbing more pieces of hair after every other twist, until you get to the other side of the head where you want to stop. When you get to the point where you want to stop the twist, with the two pieces of hair twist about half way and secure it with a bobby pin. A tip from Strebe is to use a little pomade if you have layers to control those flyways. Additionally you can pin the twist beneath the hair just so the bobby pin would not be visible.

Overall, this hairstyle is simple, easy but still makes you look like you put a little effort into your hair. How useful is this hairstyle to you and how often would you use it?

2 comments:

  1. Anna, I really enjoyed this post. Since I have shorter hair, finding cute, quick, easy to do hairstyles is not very easy. However, I totally feel that this would work. I have worn this before, and it is so great because it keeps my bangs out of my face. Nothing bugs me more than continually pushing my hair out of my face for an entire day. I will definitely practice this braid more and wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jolie for your feedback! If you enjoyed this braid I would recommend you read my next post that is a variation of this braid for more ways to style your hair(:

      Delete