Sunday, January 28, 2018

30 Minute Sketching - Keep it Simiple

30 Minute Art - Sketching
By Alwyn Crawshaw


We've finally made it my final blog of this book, in this meeting I will look into Crawshaw's final major tip on sketching keeping it simple and quick. How he puts it into words is that "a non-painter sees everything, but an artist sees only what is important to his or her sketch" (Crawshaw 41). Using a few methods can bring up the habit of simplifying things more. For the most effective way would be too use only a long hold, as making it difficult to draw would drive you to putting in too much detail or putting any irrelevant details (Crawshaw 42). 

For this final drawing I will finally time myself to the 30 minute limit, it will be a simple small forest with a dirt road. I used a 2B pencil too put in detail and make out the drawing, while buffering it with a 6B pencil to make quick and quality shading. Coming out was this final product.


Alwyn Crawshaw's 30 Minute Art book, has probably been the most helpful tool I've gotten to improve my capabilities in drawing. To finally end off I want to know what has been the most helpful system of knowledge whether it is a book, website, or video?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Alvin your tips had been very helpful to a bad drawer like me. However I find by using a book had been most helpful system of knowledge. This is because It helps me remember things much easier by reading to be able to absorb the knowledge. My question to you however is, why does using different kinds of pencils to draw important to your final sketch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think that a book is the best way to learn new things. And to answer your question about different gradient pencils, is that a pencil with softer lead (6B) is much easier to shade with rather than a pencil with harder lead (2B) which can much more easily pinpoint details.

      Delete