Sunday, January 28, 2018

Betty Crocker - How to Make Perfect Molded Cookies

For my last post I decided to make Russian tea cakes. The tips on page 23 said to make the dough as the recipe directed, chill if needed, roll into balls between the palms of hands, bake as balls or flatten with bottom of glass or fork and to take your time and mold the cookies carefully.

I started off making the dough which was a fairly simple dough, similar to my last post except with less flour. I then rolled out the cookies in 1 inch balls. This was probably the longest process of making these cookies. Once they were all on the pan I baked them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.

The second longest process was rolling all 27 cookies in powdered sugar while they were still warm. I tried many different techniques when rolling them in the sugar many of which failed. I might have done something wrong but the cookies in the picture seemed to have a nice even coat of powdered sugar and mine had a sticky film around them instead. I gave up on trying different techniques and just rolled them in my hand in the powdered sugar.

I would not recommend this recipe unless you have a lot of time and patience, this is by far the messiest recipe I have tried. Powdered sugar gets everywhere and is very difficult to clean up and the cookies didn't really taste that good for the amount of effort I put into them.

Ingredients 

mixing butter sugar and vanilla

mixing flour and salt

fully mixed


after baking

The mess 


Finished product
Would you guys be willing to make these even though they are really messy?
If you would change anything what would you change or do different?

No comments:

Post a Comment