Sunday, January 28, 2018

drawing and inking animal anatomy: Rabbit face, mouth and ear


Over the weekend I have decided to move into chapter 5. Chapter 5 is all about rodents, rabbits and ferrets. out of the many options given to me I have decided to draw Rabbits.

FACE/HEAD:

When I first started reading this chapter I didn't realize how complex a simple bunny head could be. "Some rabbit breeds have rather long faces and others have very short, round heads" (Amberlyn 126). When drawing the rabbit head I had to decide weather I wanted to have a rabbit with a long face or a short chubby one.

rabbit face/head

MOUTH/NOSE:

When people think about a rabbit they think of the cute little nose that wiggles when it sniffs, that's why it is crucial to get the nose right. "Rabbits usually have a wrinkling, V-shaped nose" (Amberlyn 128).  This is kept in mint when drawing a front face view not a side view because the mouth is not visible and only half of the nose is visible from the side view.

rabbit nose 

EAR:

Their is a piece of cartilage at the base of the rabbits ear which makes it hard and not flexible, but as you go up the ear it gets softer and more flexible (Amberlyn 129). I made sure ti keep this in mind when drawing the rabbits ears because the rabbit will then have wears that stand straight up.

rabbit ear 

mine
I like how this one came out. their was a lot of information in this chapter about rabbits which made it easy to draw. I do know that their is still a lot of improvement.

What do you think I could improve on for next time?
Will you use these tips next time you draw a rabbit?











2 comments:

  1. Hi Emma! Your drawing looks so good! I don't think there is something you could improve on anything, but i would definitely add more detail(like some hair or something) to make it look more realistic but your drawing is very good. Good job! If someone where to give me a pencil and a paper and tell me to draw a bunny, I would not know where to start nor would I know how to draw a bunny.This post helped me with gaining knowledge on how to draw a bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emma, I really loved how your rabbit turned out. I really like the front view details of the mouth and nose area but maybe next time you can add some more mouth and nose details from the side view. I myself am not very good at drawing animals at all, but if I were to try drawing an animal next time, do you know what animal to start with? Or any parts to mainly focus on the animals body?

    ReplyDelete