Saturday, January 27, 2018

Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: FACE

Hello everyone! I'm back once again with another post. Today I will be talking about preparing the face for makeup. There are many steps to help with the base of your foundation. In the book she states if the basics such as concealer and foundation aren't right the makeup won't get any better (Brown 38). I agree that the base can make or break your whole look.

Foundation
Before applying foundation you should prepare the skin. After you're done with skin care you choose a foundation, there are many different formulas for foundations and you should choose your foundation according to your skin type. I personally have oily skin so I like matte, oil-free foundations. Finding the perfect shade can be hard! In the book Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual by Bobbi Brown it gives tips to test several shades and test them on the cheek going down towards the jawline. The correct shade will disappear. Here I am using the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation in shade 310 (left) and the Fenty Beauty foundation in shade 300 (right). I let the foundation sit before I checked the color because Bobbi Brown says oily skin can make the foundation darker (Brown 45). 

"To get the even-toned, great-looking skin you want, you need to choose the right color, texture, tools, and formulas. Always begin with a test to choose the color that's the closest match to your natural skin tone, and then follow the simple steps for proper application" (Brown 46).

Concealer 
The concealer should be able to cover up darkness or redness. To correct the concealer should be about the one to two shades lighter than your foundation. After you apply your concealer you set it with loose powder so it does not crease. 

Bronzer 
Bronzers can be used to warm up the skin and give it a healthy glow. They are available in several forms such as powder, gel-stick, and cream formulas. You should try experimenting and find out what you like best! I like using powder because it is the easiest to apply. Make sure you blend because if you don't it can look like you just put mud on your face!

Blush
Blush is used to give the skin a healthy pop of color. The right shade of blush can give the skin the perfect glow. There are also many formulas for blush, but my favorite form of my blush is powder because it is easy to blend in and it works for all skin types. To apply you smile and apply on the apple of your cheeks.

Products Used


Finished Face


I don't usually wear foundation or do my eyebrows everyday but I would love to know your daily makeup routine! What are some of your favorite foundations? And what are your favorite tools to apply it? 


Bobbie, Brown. Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: for everyone from beginner to pro. Springboard Press, 2011.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these tips are super helpful for people who don't really wear makeup as much. I found the tip about the foundation changing color interesting. I don't wear much makeup if any at all, but when I do I stick to a basic beauty blender or makeup sponge. What are our favorite highlighters? I have trouble finding good quality ones. (sorry for deleting the first one there was a typo and i couldn't edit it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julianna! Thank you for reading my blog. To answer your question one of my favorite highlighters is the FaceStudio Master Chrome Metallic highlighter from Maybelline. It gives a beautiful glow, it lasts a long time on my oily skin, and it's not super expensive.

      Delete