Saturday, January 27, 2018

Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: SKIN

Hey, it's Giselle here again with another blog post! Today I will be going through skin care basics! In the book Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual by Bobbi Brown it makes it clear skin is very important and we should take care of it. Skin creates the base for all the work and makeup that you will put on your face. Things from your diet to your skin type can effect the different products that will work for you. In the book Brown states anyone can have smooth, glowing skin as long as you learn the basics of skin care and your type of skin along with some daily lifestyle tips (Brown 22).

Nutrition
There are many factors that can affect your skin. Eating right and drinking a lot of water alone can drastically improve and change your skin. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables can help you with taking vitamins which have many benefits for your skin. "Our bodies are 80 percent water. Without sufficient hydration, the skin cells become dry and flaky. To keep the body, including the skin, hydrated, eat foods with a high water content, such as fruits, vegetables, and clear soups, and drink at least eight glasses of water a day" (Brown 25). I strongly agree with this because I can tell the major difference in my skin from when I drink a lot of water to days where I barely drink any.

Skin Analysis
There are many different skin types such as oily, combination, sensitive, and dry skin. In the book they had a self-test skin analysis of different skin types and several ways of identifying your skin type. My skin type is oily, especially on my forehead and nose, I also have large pores around my nose, frequent breakouts, and few signs of aging. Next, they have recommendations for several skin types! For my skin type it requires regular cleansing, toning, and moisturizing.

Taking Care of my Oily Skin
It recommends to use moisturizer oil-free, water based moisturizer. It also suggest that soap and gel cleansers are the best for oily skin types. Toners are also great for oily skin! These are my favorite products to use. The moisturizer by Neutrogena is oil-free and the enzyme gel cleanser from Mario Badescu along with the cucumber and green tea facial spray.


Here I am cleansing my face with a spin brush which is great because it removes all the dirt and makeup off of your face and leaves the skin smooth!

 Now that you've read this post do you think the foods you eat can affect your skin? What is your skin type? And I would also love to know what are some of your favorite skin care products?


Bobbie, Brown. Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: for everyone from beginner to pro. Springboard Press, 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for all of these tips! I will take into consideration using them all! For wearing makeup almost everyday, I know its very important that I wash my face very well which I do. To answer your questions, my favorite skin care products are the Mario Badescu rose water spray and just a Neutrogena face cleanser for oily skin. Which answers your next question, I have oil skin mostly, but in the winter my nose area gets a little dry. For your last question, YES FOOD EFFECTS YOUR SKIN!! Oily and fatty foods are very unhealthy for your skin causing clogged and oil filled pores. Just a question for you, do you think different brands of cleansers do the same or different things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mia! You're welcome, I'm glad I could help! But to answer your question I think different brands of cleansers do different things for the skin. For example I have bought acne cleansers from different brands claiming to do the same thing and to help clear the skin. While using different cleansers I found out that some clear up my skin better than others. It all really comes down to experimenting with what works best with your skin.

      Delete