Sunday, January 28, 2018

Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: TEN-STEP GUIDE

Hello! It's Giselle again with my last blog post! I would like to thank you for reading my blogs and commenting on them, I appreciate feedback. Now, after going through the equipment, skin care, face products, and eyes, it is time to put it all together and do a daily face makeover. This chapter goes over ten simple steps to get the perfect makeup look. The best part about it is that it isn't time consuming and it should only take five to ten minutes, like Bobbi Brown says practice is key (Brown 90).
Pre-Makeup
Make sure to moisturize! Remember good makeup starts with good skin. It says to start off with moisturizer and a lightweight cream. "For normal skin use a lightweight moisturizing lotion. For dry skin, use a rich hydrating balm. For oily skin, use an oil-free formula that hydrates and helps control oil production" (Brown 90).

Here I am using an oil-free acne moisturizer since the book suggests to use an oil free formula to help control my oily skin. from Neutrogena and a glycolic eye cream from Mario Badescu.









                                                                        First Step 
Corrector/concealer should be one to two shades lighter than your skin tone. You should first neutralize the darkness with a pink-toned corrector. Then you should use a yellow-based shade and layer it over the the corrector underneath the eyes. Lastly apply a pale yellow powder or white powder with a brush. The pink toned one is on the left it is the Tarte Shape Tape, and the yellow based one is on the right it is the Maracuja Creaseless Concealer.

Second Step
Foundation. You have to find your perfect shade and then use a brush, sponge, or fingers to apply it. I prefer using a beauty blender sponge. Here I am blending the fenty foundation in shade 300.
Third Step
Powder. You use powder to set your face, be crease-free, and it will help the makeup stay longer. The powder used is from Too Faced.
Fourth Step
Blush. You should apply a natural shade. To apply you smile and place on the apples of your cheeks, then blend up towards the hairline and downward to soften the color (Brown 92).
Fifth and Sixth Step
For the fifth step you should apply a natural shade of lipstick on clean, smooth lips. I used NYX lingerie in shade 04 Ruffle Trim, which is a shade slightly darker than my lips. Then for the sixth step you apply lip liner to achieve natural-looking definition. I used a light brownish lip liner to add dimension.
Seventh Step
Brows. You should define the brows using a shadow or pencil in the color of your eyebrows and hair. Fill in sparse brows with an eye pencil for a more natural book. I personally already have natural thick eyebrows so I cleaned them up with concealer around and set them with a brow gel.
Eighth Step 
Eye shadow. Sweep a light eye shadow color then dust a medium eye shadow color on the lower lids up to the crease. Here I used the top left shadow as the base, then applied the bottom left shadow on the lid, and finally applied the deepest shade on the top right to the lower lid up to the crease. This mini palette is from Maybelline. I went for a more natural eye shadow look.
Ninth Step
Eyeliner. You start off with lining the upper lash line in small strokes. Look straight to check if there are any spaces that are needed to be filled. Here I used a liquid eyeliner from Milani. 
Final Step
The final step would be to apply mascara to open up your eyes and complete the look. I used The Falsies Big Eyes Waterproof Mascara from Maybelline. 
Finished Face

After this process I would love to know what your favorite part about makeup is! What are some of your favorite makeup brands? And where do you go to buy your makeup?

Bobbie, Brown. Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: for everyone from beginner to pro. Springboard Press, 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Giselle! I really enjoyed reading your blog post! This was very informing and the next time I do my makeup I will definitely keep all these step into consideration. My favorite part of makeup is, how you can express yourself through makeup, you can show your personality by how your makeup looks like. My favorite makeup brand is e.l.f. And I buy my makeup from ulta, target, walgreens, and sometimes Sephora.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gila! I'm glad you enjoyed my post. My favorite part of makeup would also be the way you express yourself. I agree that your personality can shine through your makeup because there are so many different ways to create looks and several different colors. Makeup is definitely a way to express your creativity.

      Delete