Saturday, January 20, 2018

The wow factor

     I decided to do a full face look from the Lauren Luke Looks book by Lauren Luke called "The wow factor".

     In this look I used:
- Powder foundation brush
- e.l.f. eyeliner pen
-Revlon photo ready foundation
- Mary Kay powder foundation
-e.l.f "bold berry" (red lipstick)



This look is a fairly simple look. It's not too complicated, in my opinion. In the book Lauren Luke uses a "matte cream eyeshadow" (Luke 87) and I didn't have that so I decided to skip that step and do something else.
   
     First I put my Revlon photo ready foundation all over my eyelid as a primer and also to act as the "matte cream eyeshadow"(Luke 87).
    Next I did a winged liner. In the book Lauren Luke describes how to do a winged eyeliner, she states "Rest the little finger on your cheek and. Starting in the middle of the upper lid. draw a line extending to the outer edge and finish with a small flick"(Luke 88)

Keep in mind, when you are drawing the winged liner and you are doing the little flick, don't flick to hard. Just do little "flicks" kind of lightly and small flicks until you get the desired winged length.
   It definitely took me a couple of tries to get a decent wing liner, i'm still learning how to do it and every time I do a winged liner it gets better and better.
    {If on your first try you don't get the "perfect" winged liner, that's ok. Just keep trying, It will probably take you a few attempts or even a couple of days.}
The whole eye look was just that, see it's a simple eye look.

        Then I decided to put some powder foundation all over my face and wear a red lip, to tie the look together.













       In the book Lauren Luke added a heart to her cheek, but I decided not to do that.


Lauren Luke's look 


My look






















You can totally play around with how you want the look to turn out, you can use a different lipstick, you can add eyeshadow, you can do anything your heart desires. You don't have to do exactly as I did it or as the book did it. Play around with different colors, go CRAZY,  and you will possibly like what you did.
      Now that you have seen this look, is this a look you would recreate? On a scale from 1 to 10(1 being very bad 10 being very good), how good are you at doing a winged eyeliner?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gila! I loved this look it turned out great, it's a 10 on my scale. To answer your question, I am horrible at doing eyeliner. Every single time I attempt to do it the wings end up different on both sides. I usually use tape to guide me when I do eyeliner. I will try doing the "flicks" when putting on eyeliner and also practice applying it more often. What is your favorite way to apply eyeliner?

    ReplyDelete