Saturday, January 27, 2018

Origami hobby Post #1 - A Weird Looking Fish

A hobby I have been into for year has been origami, mainly because I get bored in class and happen to have square sticky notes. I always enjoyed making creatures in my Book I've been reading this quarter called "Origami -300 ideas from the Internet" By Agatha Christe. has the first chapter dedicated to the making of the "simple fish"

"Fold from a square of paper colored the same on both sides. On a 4 inch by 4 inch leave about a 1/8 inch gab between the corner line to offset the fold."(Christe)

This is a simple fold, leaving about 2 triangle at the tip, my paper is 2 inch by 2 inch so I left a 1/16 inch gap instead

"Fold at the center of ONE end triangle" Basically fold in half.
"Done" Easy as I expected for the first one

Work Cited
 Christe, Agatha. Origami -300 Ideas from the Internet. Agatha Christie,                                                            20ADAD.                                                 

2 comments:

  1. Great post Tanner! As someone who also gets bored in class folding things in to objects and items is a good way to pass the time and to have a more enjoyable experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I completely understand your position, for me, when I get bored, I really need to move, teachers don't usually allow that, so I normally will whip out a paper and go ahead and make a boat or crane, productive and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete