Saturday, January 27, 2018

Photography Post #5 Lenses.

Owen Paznokas
The Beginner's Photography Guide
By Chris Gactum

Taking the pictures is only one part of the experience. Gactum writes about what you need to capture the pictures you want, and how to do this throughout different types of equipment. Different types of lenses evoke different effects (Gactum 28). I was shooting with a 18-135mm zoom lens on my digital camera, and it is very apparent what changes when shooting at different focal lengths. 


18mm

113mm

Clearly, two photos taken with the same camera look vastly different just because of the focal length of the lens. A photo taken at 18mm has a very large view of the scene, whereas the photo taken at a 113mm. Wide angle lenses are able to capture good landscape shots (Gactum 29). Telephoto lenses or longer focal length lenses are good at isolating subjects. (Gactum 29). 

What lens would you buy with a camera? 

Resources:
Gactum, Chris. Beginner's Photography Guide. Dorling Kindersley Ltd, 2016.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't focus my IRP on Photography but I do enjoy my fair share of it in reality. I was wondering what brand of camera do you use? My old camera I used to have was 2011, Sony NEX-7 and I was wondering how your specs compared to mine. My photos definitely didn't look as crisp and saturated as yours. I also wonder if you are using a filter or some sort of lighting device?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phenomenal post Owen. I do not know anything about photography so I would not know which lens to buy with a camera. However, your writing is very interesting I just might get into the art of photography myself. What sparked your interest in photography?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Owen, you really focused the technical aspect of how the photos are taken, which is something a lot of people wouldn't. I personally prefer the 18mm lens photo, as I like the landscape shots more then portraits. So if I had to choose I would probably pick the 18mm lens, as those are the shots I prefer.

    ReplyDelete