Sunday, January 28, 2018

She's a star makeup look

       For my last look I decided to do the "She's a star" look from the Lauren Luke Looks book.

For this look I used:
-The 24K Nudes
-Revlon photo ready foundation     
-The falsies volume mascara
-e.l.f eyeliner pen
-e.l.f eyeshadow brush
-e.l.f blending brush
                                        















This look can be totally customizable, you can either do this look step by step or change the colors, skip steps. You don't have to exactly do what I did. Makeup is a was to express yourself, so add a little bit of yourself to this look.

      The first thing I did was prime my eyelids.

Thee Next thing I did was put  gold eyeshadow on my lids,




When putting the gold eyeshadow, you want to apply it "all over the eyelid, right into the inner corner and out along the crease, extending slightly at the outer corner"(Luke 165).  As you can see in the photo of how I did it.  Also MAKE SURE TO BLEND THE EYESHADOW! Not blending the eyeshadow will make it look like a blob of gold(or whatever color you choose to do)  and that does not look very appealing.

       Next, I added brown and a little bit of black on my outer corner to add depth to the look.

You can chose to do this step first then add the gold or do it the way that I did it.  I personally like doing the brown and black first, but I wanted to try this way.


For my brow highlight I used the white eyeshadow.



In the book since she did a full face, she the same white eyeshadow for her brows and put a little of it on her nose(that being the nose highlight).

    Now time for eyeliner. Applying eyeliner is definitely still  struggle for me but I get the gist of it, so if I keep practicing and practicing then I will be able to get that "perfect" winged liner.

When applying the winged eyeliner  you want to start from the middle then extend outward and end with a little flick. Then from the center extend that to the inner corner, but not to far. You can go back and make it as thick as you want or as thin as you want.


That is the end of the eye look. 







This look for me was fairly simple and pretty easy to achieve, I would definitely do this look again. 
After reading this post and seeing how I achiever the "she's a start" makeup look, would you recreate this look?  Would you do anything different? 
                                           

1 comment:

  1. Hello Gila, I love this look! It doesn't seem too hard and it's cute. I would re-create it. To answer your question I would add eyelashes to make it a little more dramatic and make my eyes pop more! A question for you do you prefer thick or thin eyeliner?

    ReplyDelete