Sunday, January 24, 2016

Singing with the piano

 Hello everybody!
Today I started learning to play a song that was included in my book. "In Exercise 50, the key signature tells you the song is in C minor. The time signature is in 4/4 time. The tempo is andante with a metronome marking of quarter note equals 96, and mf tells you to play the song medium loud"(Halpin 78). This is the first thing I read in this book, I believe that when you analyze a music you often can play it easier with more confidence. Something that was mentioned in the book was, to sing the song if it is possible for a better rhythm and this was difficult due to the fact that I couldn't really multitask. I had to think about the note that was coming next and also try to match my pitch with the piano. After playing the piece, I went back to the first part where the book was analyzing the exercise. I understood that I have to analyze my music before playing and this helped me a lot because I could play it with more confidence and easier.



6 comments:

  1. singing and playing the piano are both really great talents to have. What is the song called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, I tried the exercise first which was just a practice but I tried to play Fire to the Rain from Adele, and it turned out to be really good!

      Delete
  2. Great job Samin! From previous experience I know that singing and playing the piano can be very challenging because you're doing two things at once. As for me, multitasking is very hard. But overall, good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and multitasking is really hard but when you get use to it you can play and sing like a pro.Once Annie told me it's like drawing a square with your right hand and with the left hand a circle!

      Delete
  3. This is so cool! I can actually relate to someone doing this assignment, since I'm doing piano as well. It is clear to see that you are coming along as a piano player, better then I could dream of. From personal experience, I absolutely despise playing in the chord of C minor, can't wait to see if you can excel in that key signature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yeah now I'm a professional musician! I think you can play piano better than me but I do feel the struggle while playing with C minor chord but you can't give up on it you just have to practice... I believe if you work harder on it and practice more often it will be something really easy and normal for you!

      Delete