Thursday, January 21, 2016

My favorite braid

Now that I have experimented with many different braids, I'm trying to just focus on one braid that I like wearing the most. Since I cut my hair and it is layered, I cant braid my own hair anymore. Today I did double dutch french braid pigtails on Kate K. She showered and washed her hair "hair works best when it is clean and damp" (smith 899). Next she sat on my couch, I carefully brushed through her hair, and parted it down the middle. Parting hair down the middle helps make the braid look neater and it keeps the hair on the correct side, making it easier to braid on separate sides (smith, 898). I first tried to separate a small piece of hair and organize it into three parts, next I began a simple dutch braid. I had to restart a couple of times because I wasn't holding her hair tight enough. One thing that helped was holding her hair closer to her head, this made the braid a lot neater, and more precise looking. I tried my best to keep all the new strands about the same size, but it can be hard, this being said my braids turned out pretty good, but one side looked slightly better than the other. After I got the part of the braid by her head perfected I decided to do individual braids not join the two, so that it would be different from my first try. My favorite side is the one directly below this article. which do you guys like better? Why do you think braiding wet hair is better than dry hair?

2 comments:

  1. your braid looks great! I love doing hair and I've recently been trying to improve my braiding skills. what other types of braids do you like dong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing my hair, especially braiding! I think this helped and can really show what skills you have with hair, looks nice and clean!

    ReplyDelete