Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Photography - Kayla Treat

In this chapter of the book I am reading, a tip that caught my eye was to get close and then get closer.


"Very often, nothing kills an image more than keeping your distance" (Carroll 19).


I take this as you not only need to zoom but sometimes you need to get really close to your subject to show detail and enhance the look of the image. This also helps with filing the frame and getting a full picture. The difference between doing this and going back and cropping it is tat it lowers the quality of the image and that cropping is mainly for fixing something or to make something even. As one who loves to take pictures and look at pictures, I agree with this tip and think it really does heighten the image quality. I decided to try this out and the first thing that came to me was an eye. when up close to the eye, you can see all the fine and small details with the eye, eyelashes, and skin tone.
Here, I took the tip to get close. I used my 35mm lens so I could get close without it turning blurry and out of focus. I was maybe 3 inches from my little cousins eye and manually focused onto the eyeball making sure that the other details of her face were included.



  I feel like this tip is a very useful one and one that can be used on most images, specifically vertical images. do you believe that the image I captured would have been not so close or do you prefer it when I used the get close tip?

5 comments:

  1. This is a really cool picture, Kayla! I don't know too much about photography, by your clear explanation made it easier for me to understand. Your precision and focus (both mentally and with the camera) is great. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being someone who is also interested in photography, I found this very interesting. I like the detail and precision of the photo and the lighting is very nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The getting close tip made the picture absolutely beautiful. I like how it really brings out a lot of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I don't know much about photography, I really appreciate the simplicity of the picture along with the tiny detail. You also did a really good job at explaining the different techniques you did clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this. Your details helped me understand how much went into this photograph, considering I'm not a master of photography.

    ReplyDelete