Sunday, January 24, 2016

Extreme Sports Drawing - Snowmobile

For my second to last blog post I decided to try something kind of technical to draw. I decided that I would draw a Snowmobile. According to Learn to Draw Extreme Sports, "Snowmobiling is a sport that requires skill, strength, and courage. Snowmobilers race across the snow on a fast, heavy machine called a snowmobile."(AV2 26) The drawing that the book guided you to draw included a person in the drawing. In my last blog post, we learned that I cannot draw people for my life so I decided that I would only draw the snowmobile. The most difficult part about this drawing was the detail and being able to draw the snowmobile to scale. The drawing in the example does not correspond very well to a piece of paper because it is a lot smaller in the book than it should be on your paper. Here is my drawing before I colored it:

It is blurry, but as you can tell the back of the snowmobile was a very complicated piece to draw. I did not color the snowmobile with the same colors that the book did because I wanted to put my own creative twist on it.
These are semi-basic colors but I liked how they clashed in the drawing. This was my most interesting thing to draw so far because it was simple to draw in some spots and difficult in others.

What should I draw next? A moto X biker or a Rally Car? Do you like the colors that I used to decorate the snowmobile? If not, which colors should I have used? Thank you for reading my blog.

4 comments:

  1. I think that you should try to draw a X biker next because i feel like you haven't done any drawings during the action yet. Also i think you colors where a little to bright for a snowmobile but they defiantly did put you own artistic spin on the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your suggestion Zack, as you can see in my next post I decided to take your suggestion and draw the Moto X biker. I also agree that the colors are a little too bright, I decided to do this so the drawing would be a little more interesting.

      Delete
  2. I think you should draw a Rally car because that puts "all of your skills together that you have learned to this point." This could really show me the progress you have made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your suggestion James, but I decided that I would draw a Moto X Bike because I wanted to challenge myself for my final drawing. I believe that the Bike also illustrates all the skills I have learned up to now just as well as the Rally Car would have.

      Delete