Monday, January 25, 2016

Photography - Kayla Treat

The final post I will be making involves how you position yourself when trying to take a picture.




"Good photographers are contortionists" (Carroll 110).




The author I believe is trying to say that you may need to get in some uncomfortable positions to get the best shot. You have to be able to see the image you want and that may mean laying on the ground or any other odd position in public. They say that to capture a different and more interesting photo it takes more than a head level image. When I read it clicked in my head that most pictures I really liked have been from more than head level. I put this to the test and tried bending down and changing it up to capture these images.


When I took these images, an issue came up that I cant see the camera screen when I was attempting and realized that I have to get even lower. After uploading these, I realize the odd positioning on the ground was worth it and created images with different angles that I really liked. Have you ever been in the situation where you want that image but you don't want go on the ground? Tell me about it in the comments!! Enjoy these images I took below.











1 comment:

  1. These pictures are really cool, I like the middle one it's at a really cool angle! I cannot say I have been in the same situation, but if I ever am I will be sure to contort my body so that I can capture my dream photograph!

    ReplyDelete