Monday, January 25, 2016

Bhardeep Dhaliwal: Lightroom Editing- CityScape

For my last and final post, I went to the Columbia Tower yesterday night and shot. I went to the observatory on the 73 floor and shot down. It turned into a beautiful city scape, and everything looks so small in perspective from above.

  • The night was sadly pretty foggy so i only got to take a few shots since the entire top half of the building was almost covered in fog. 
  • I had to wait till there was a break in the fog to take shot. I set up my tripod against the glass window and mounted my camera. I used the same sense as i always do which is the 50mm 1.4
  • The 50mm focal length provides the closest possible to the actual human eye which made everything realistic in size. 
  • The setting for the shot were a longer exposure of: 
    • Exposure: 15 Seconds
    • F/ 14
    • ISO: 200
  • The 14 aperture made sure that everything would be in focus
Shot straight from my camera, no editing

  • The shot came out how i wanted, everything was solid and i could edit things out in Lightroom that i didn't like so much.
  • First thing i did was bring out the shadows which revealed a lot more of the image and showed more details
  • Second, I used to tool that i discovered while reading the book. You can go into the Lens Corrections Menu and select Remove Chromatic Abberations. This makes sure all the lines in the buildings are straight how they should be
  • Next I brought down the white balance as always which removed all of the orange and it gave it way more of a realistic look. This really changed the entire shot. 
  • Fourth, I added clarity to the shot and fixed the whites and blacks. 
  • Finally i used the adjustment brush and took out any dirt spots on the lens and exported the photo
  • The Final Product 
MUY BIEN 


























2 comments:

  1. Great Job Bhar. I see a lot of your pictures on other social media cites and I'm very impressed. The picture above was stunning without the edit but the edit makes a whole other world appear. I am still wondering how you got that viewpoint and I am amazed. This is a stellar post. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bhardeep! I love your pictures and how such simple changes can make the picture so much cooler. The perspective and distance of the pictures is so cool, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete