Monday, January 25, 2016

Shooting Form



According to Brian J. Sorrells, “A solid stance is the foundation of good shooting form” (Sorrells, 58). What Sorrells is trying to convey to the reader is that a good stance (like standing up or kneeling) is heavily reliant on the shooting form you have. I decided to test this quote by using two different shooting forms. One way was having my feet parallel to the target and having my feet turned 90 degrees away from the target. While I performed this test, I observed that neither shooting form hindered nor improved my accuracy. The conclusion I drew up from this test was that there was no one shooting form that worked better than any of the forms that you can use. If you were currently in archery, which shooting form would you use?

Results of Shooting Form 1
Results of Shooting Form 2

 

1 comment:

  1. It would have been interesting to see pictures of your stances but as you mentioned you didn't have anyone to take pictures of you. As far as the shooting forms go I don't think they're too important. Maybe this book is for inexperienced people, as you seem quite experienced. I would probably use the form where my feet were parallel to the target because being pointed 90 degrees away from the target would be uncomfortable for me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete