Tuesday, January 19, 2016


Connor Anderson: Tip# 13: Join a Club

"97 Things To Do Before You Finish High School"
Chapter: For Personal Development
Tip #13: "Join a Club" (Jenkins 38)




Joining clubs is a huge part of high school, no matter who you are. Colleges like seeing students involved with clubs, but this club in particular that I will be sharing is one that I connect with and do it because I love it. Project Unify (Special Olympics) is a great way for me to play basketball with some great kids on any given Monday afternoon. I joined the club in later October of 2015 because I had heard of the club and had some buddies in the special education program that encouraged me to join. Along with help from my friend Jack, I joined and have never looked back. Its a fun club where we play baskball and get coaching for our games against other Project Unify teams on Saturdays. My mom was a special ed teacher for over 16 years, so I have grown up interacting with special needs children and learning to appreciate many of the physical and mental abilities I have. This was what really got me interested when I learned about Project Unify, and I have made a lot of great fiends like Johnson, DJ, Chad, Jimmy, Kevin, Bob, Jared, Tanner, Denish, Ian, and a few others. "Sign up for a club and meet like minded people." (Jenkins 38). This quote explains exactly what Project Unify is all about. Many people join this club with the same enthusiasm as me, and this makes the entire club fun and active. I have strengthened my friendship with people like Jack, Mackenzie, Alexander, Elise, Ellen, and Sydney, who share the love of Project Unify with me.
The main idea of the club is to join Special Ed students with us helpers to build more than a basketball team, but a family. Joining this club has been one of my best decisions because it is the only exciting part about Mondays!



3 comments:

  1. I agree that Project Unify is a great club to join at school, and think it's a great way for the special chargers to have fun with different people. I also agree that it is the only exciting thing on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog ken! It's really awesome to see that you have joined a new club and also are helping out a really great program! It sounds like your having fun, it inspires me to join this club or one like it. I definitely want to join a new club before high school ends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great and fun program! Maybe I should try it sometime! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete