Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Gifty Minhas- Soccer Tricks (Final)

Gifty Minhas

Ms. Meara

Honors English Period 4

Soccer Tricks

Hello everyone, and welcome to my final blog post. These blog posts have really helped me track my progress of learning new, challenging, and exciting tricks. I never thought keeping a blog about a hobby would help out so much, in fact, this blog has helped me to receive criticism, look at my mistakes and correct them, and also simply see the process of learning new tricks. Sean D'arcy, the author of Freestyle Soccer Tricks, has really helped me to learn tricks I never thought could be done. The clear step-by-step instructions make learning all the glamorous tricks simple and a matter of a little practice. Focusing on the juggling aspect of soccer has helped my overall play in game also, it now allows me to be even more confident on the ball and relaxed in pressure because I can rely on skill and keep my poise. Now, getting to the final trick, I've decided to go back to a more fundamental trick from the book that is very useful to prepare for volleys and shots. The trick is called the Heel Pop.
  1. "Stand shoulder width apart with your body directly behind the ball. Maintain focus on the center of the ball" (D'arcy 58) 
  2. "Bring your stronger leg to the front of the ball and twist your standing heel towards the ball" (D'arcy 59)
  3. "Backheel the ball onto your standing heel while simultaneously twisted your heel a little to pop the ball up and set up for a shot or volley" (D'arcy 60)
    1.
    2.
    3.
    Final Question: Did you guys find these blog posts cool or interesting?

     

No comments:

Post a Comment