Monday, January 25, 2016

Bhardeep Dhaliwal: Lightroom Editing- Portaits?


  • For my 3rd post I wanted to try editing something i usually don't do. I chose to do portraits and trying out a workflow on them. My cousin TJ asked me if i could take some pictures for his graduation awhile ago and i had the pictures still laying around in my Mac.  He had just graduated from UW with a masters in psychology. (This was a not so serious picture)
  • We shot on campus at UW. I had him stand near some trees in the shade which allowed my to keep a low aperture and depth of field. I wanted to shoot at F 1.4 but that wouldn't even get half his face in focus so i went with 3.5
  • The shot's settings were:
    • F/ 3.5 
    • Exposure: 1/100
    • ISO: 100
Picture i took straight from the camera, no edit. 
  • First thing i did in both picture was cropped it so TJ was the focus of the picture more. It allowed it to have him as the center of the picture. I used to crop tool and also the angle tool so i could level out the picture and crop
  • Next i brought down the exposure a tad bit since the background was a little bit too blown out and white
  • Then i went and worked on the white balance and blacks, allowing the picture to have a warmer tone and more depth to it
  • 4th, i went to the whites and adjusted them properly. For this i used a feat i learned in The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC Book for Digital Photographers. If you press the Alt key while adjusting the white's it shows the burnt parts of the image, allowing you to tone them down so they won't be messed up when printing the pictures. I did this because i knew he would be printing out the final product
  • After that, I brought up clarity and added vignette to the picture to bring the focus to the center of the picture. 
  • Last i added even more clarity and color to the GOLD GRILL AND WATCH!!!
Final product after the work flow. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment