Sunday, January 3, 2016

Gifty Minhas- Soccer Tricks (#3)

Gifty Minhas

Ms. Meara 

Honors English Period 4

Soccer Tricks 

Hello everyone! Hopefully you guys have all had a relaxing break and are ready for some more soccer tricks. This week I wanted to bring it back to a more fundamental trick. The reason I chose to not go the crazy trick route is because I remembered my main goal in these tricks. My main goal is to focus on tricks that will actually help my in-game ability in soccer matches. Many juggling tricks are useful for practicing for real game situations and one example is the simple Side Roll.

The Side Roll, a juggling trick featured in Sean D'arcy's book Freestyle Soccer Tricks, is useful for actual games for many reasons. Although the trick is not typically used directly in a game, the movement required for the trick is very helpful. The trick requires the use of the soles of your feet, the inside part of your foot, and the laces of the shoe. These three area's are very important in soccer and are the most frequently used. The involvement of these three significant area's makes the Side Roll a fairly simple yet greatly helping trick.

  1. "Start with both feet on the ground. The ball should be just a little bit to your stronger side, with your stronger foot on top of it." (D'arcy, 70)
  2. "Roll the ball as fast as you can so that the ball hits the inside of your weaker foot" (D'arcy, 71)
  3. "Swing your stronger foot under the ball when it bounces up off the inside of your weaker foot" (D'arcy, 72) 
1.
2.

3.
My question for the day: is it a good approach to do tricks that may be simple but help on field? 


4 comments:

  1. I do believe that some tricks may help on the field but it depends on your situation, I would assume. It's really interesting how you can learn tricks easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat trick. Seems like it take great hand-eye coordination to pull that off. What is the hardest trick that you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, little to no hand-eye coordination is required, it's mainly foot-eye coordination. The hardest trick I know is probably the one I posted on my fourth blog post. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Nice! Yes I think that some tricks for example like a step over or scissors would be helpful when you are heading on a 1v1 situation to beat a player. Your post looks good and is written nicely.

    ReplyDelete