Saturday, January 23, 2016

Home-made Vanilla Cupcakes

Kasidy Klein

Ms. Meara

Blog- Cupcake


I haven't known what to make lately till I looked through the cook book my mother made a few times. I thought since I was making sweet things that I would carry on with that. I chose to make homemade cupcakes. The recipe came from a homemade cook book, and I just followed the recipe of:

  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup whole milk, at room temperature

  • the butter needed to be "soften; let it set out for a period of time before" so it would make the cupcakes more plump. The eggs and whole milk "need to be a room temperature", in order for you to get the best results. I started off by getting all of my materials ready such as preheating the oven to 350 degrees F, lining my muffin pan with paper cups so that the cupcakes wont stick, and getting out my bowl along with the electrical mixer. I didn't want to just have plain vanilla cupcakes so I added blue dye to make it more interesting, this doesn't affect the recipe only the color result. This is what the mixture looked like before I put it into the cupcake pan.


     Unlike when I usually use the premade packets this mixture looked a little more thick and weird because of the color. I followed the instructions from the book just as it said. Even though it looked a little strange they turned out looking just like normal cupcakes. I did use quite a big pan for the muffins but it worked. the cupcakes turned out very well and moist for their size. I let them cool for an hour or two and the results after being taken out of the pan and cooled is below.
    The final result went well according to the ones who ate them. These were just three of the cupcakes that I made since they were the first to be done and coolest. Making these cupcakes helped me grow by not always taking the easy way and starting from scratch, making them from the basics of flour eggs and sugar was actually a fun way to try something. I've learned that the importance of the step of ingredients is very important while baking food. As you can see there are cracks in the top of the cupcakes, this is the result of me not putting enough liquid into the cupcakes so they spread too much while cooing in the oven. Next time I do this I will know how to get them close to a perfect cupcake. This experience has been a trail and error that is helping me become a better cook. In fact I did cover up this mistake by putting frosting on them so when they were ate, they tasted just fine.

    3 comments:

    1. The cupcakes look delicious and the way you made them blue makes them look rely unique. Have you made this type of cupcake before?

      ReplyDelete
    2. Your cupcakes look great, makes me want some dessert. Have you gone more in depth in decorating anything else?

      ReplyDelete
    3. These look great! especially the color! Have you thought of truing multiple colors in cupcakes or cakes? like rainbow!?

      ReplyDelete