Saturday, January 23, 2016

Animals and Food

These two chapters were my favorite to read about and draw. They were definitely the easiest chapters too. There was no new learning, just a continuation of the basics. I just had to include kawaii style elements in each drawing. "You can't simply draw a small, cute version of an animal and expect it to look "kawaii"." (Hart 116)
For the deer, I had to make sure it had a large head and eyes. I also made the antlers an abnormal color, which I think added to the cuteness and kawaii-ness.

There were also many versions of foods to draw. The main idea behind making food kawaii is, as the author puts it, to make it look like a baby that will get upset if it's away from it's mother too long. In all honesty, I would just put it as you need to add big eyes and a small mouth, just like with everything else in kawaii.

Q: Why do you think this drawing style is so simplistic?

3 comments:

  1. I think these drawings are extremely kawaii

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are adorable and so impressive! I really love the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the style is very simplistic for the main fact that it is appealing to the eye, if you think about the saying "Less is more." Then this really ties that saying together! The more detail you could've added the les appealing to the eye it would've been!

    ReplyDelete