Monday, January 25, 2016

Balloon birds!

Finkbeiner 1
Zack Finkbeiner
Mrs. Meara
Honors English 10
November 24 2015

Hello everyone, as you already know my name is Zack and for my IRP Q2 book I chose "Crazy Creatures Balloon Modeling" by Top That!. The reason I chose this book was because I wanted to be able to make cooler and more sophisticated balloon animals. Last post I worked on creating a mouse and a parrot. This post I will show you how I continue to develop my skills and try to create harder animals such as the humming bird. Before I began to create the Humming bird I expected it to be really hard and expected to mess up a lot and have to try multiple times just to get it right. What i later found out was that the humming bird is actually one of the easiest, if not the easiest balloon animal to make. As the book says "This little character is easy to make and uses just one balloon" (36, Top That!). The most challenging part of creating the humming bird was drawing the eyes and the wings. On all of my other creatures I never found the drawings of the eyes or other designs to be that hard. The book says that i needed to "Finish your model with a face and some feathers on its back" (37, Top That!). 


The way that the book states it, it makes it sound way easier than it actually is, because on my first humming bird i felt that i messed up on the drawing of it so i created another one to try again, but feel as if it just looked worse than the first. What do you think, do you think the first one (right) or the second one (left) looks better?


If you are good at drawing are there any tips you could give me for drawing on a weird surface or along a curved surface? If so please tell me them below.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting post! I can easily see that blogging about this topic has lead you to become nearly a master at it. Your balloon animals seem to have really improved from when you began. As for the tips with drawing, I am a horrible artist but I can give input. I believe if you want yo draw on a curved surface you should hold the object down with one hand to steady it and try to steady your drawing hand as much as possible while slowly drawing what you need to.

    ReplyDelete