Thursday, December 31, 2015

Braiding my own hair pt. 2

Much like my last post I will be focusing on mastering one type of braid on myself. This next braid is a rope braid, which can be very hard if you don't have 3 arms. Every time I have tried to do this on myself so far things have gone wrong, in the book, Smith says "Take the two peices of hair and twist, I always twist towards my face, but the two strands must be going in the same direction." (Smith, 487) So i put this to the test and began twisting them towards my face, this actually made it a lot easier to keep track of. however holding all of this hair in my hands was a little too much for me. In the book it says "If its too hard to hold and twist both in your hands, do one first and after bite down on the end, it may be gross but it keeps the twist." (Smith, 498). Reluctantly I tried doing one first than putting it in my mouth, surprisingly this help out a lot more than I thought. After i had twirled both towards my face, I twisted them together the opposite direction like I previously learned how to do on my first post. These new techniques definitely helped me out, I can now do this braid quickly and easily for when I'm running out to the store or something. So far which braid do you guys think looks best? Also when do you think one of these quick braids could come in handy for you?

1 comment:

  1. This was a very helpful post. I've always struggled to do anything more than a simple braid, and the little tips you gave seemed like they could really help me! I can't wait to give it a try. Good work! :)

    ReplyDelete