Monday, December 14, 2015

Apple Crisp

Do you ever crave something sweet but try to stick to fruits? Well here is something that is both of these. It's called an Old Fashion Apple Crisp. It combines sweet flavors of sugar and cinnamon with apples. I used a recipe from one of my moms cook books that she home made. I chose to do this recipe because I have never made a kind of dish such as this. the recipe for it is:
-5 pounds of apples (your choice)
- zest if 1 orange and 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice/ lemon juice
-  1/2 cup granulated sugar
-2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
and for the zest of orange and lemon it said, "grade the fruit" which this would occur on the top when baked. At first I gathered all my ingredients and objects I needed, then i cut up the apples into pieces shown in the picture below. Then on top of these cut up apples i put the cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, some of the zest and the juice.
 I let these apples sit in the bowl while i made the crisp part of it. which for this i made to gather the indregiants for making this:
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
-3/4 cup granulated sugar
-3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 pound cold unsalted butter, diced
then i placed all of this into a food processor which molded it into a the crust texture. After this was made i took a baking dish, buttered the sides and bottom, then placed the apples on top of that then the crust/crumble on top. while i was getting this all set i had to preheat the oven to 350 degrees. i then placed the dish in the oven for an hour till the top was brown.

The final result turned out well said from my family. This experience helped me grow by experiencing a different type of task that had little step that needed to be done in order for this food to work. I think that I grew from this cooking project by just even practicing the little skills that were incorporated in this project. i find cooking really fun and an easy thing to do for others. this was a fun thing to do and it turned out looking pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment