Thursday, December 31, 2015

Animal Balloons

Finkbeiner 1
Zack Finkbeiner
Mrs. Meara
Honors English 10
November 24 2015

Hello everyone as you already know my name is Zack and for my IRP Q2 book I chose "Crazy Creatures Balloon Modeling" by Top That!. The reason I chose this book was because I wanted to get my balloon animal making skills to improve. Last post I worked on creating my different twist and then tried them out on my dog and ladybug. This post I will show you how i continued to develop my skills and tried to create harder animals such as the mouse and the parrot. First I tried to create the mouse. While making the mouse I found that it was a lot like the dog but with smaller and more delicate twist. As the book says "Some very small bubbles make up this little character" (26, Top That!). I found this statement to be very true because on my first try to create the mouse i ended up popping it which has never happened before. Do you think that my mouse came out good, or that i should try it again in a later post?


After I felt i had succeeded with my mouse I decided to try something a little bit harder, the parrot and swing. when creating the parrot I quickly learned that it was a lot harder then it looked. Creating the parrot took me five tries and I'm still not sure if it came out great. on my fourth try I found out that in the book they used different sized balloons for the parrot and the swing and since I didn't have different sized ones I just had to live with the over sized parrot. Even though my parrot is oddly sized I still think that he came out pretty well, what do you think?
What do you guys think that i could do differently to create cooler or cuter animals in the future?

2 comments:

  1. I think that different colors would make your balloon animals look cooler because it would look more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both animals came out great. It's awesome that this was the first time you had anything pop. Maybe in the future you could try out free-handing the balloon animals instead of going exactly by the book.

    ReplyDelete