Monday, December 21, 2015

Tradtional Fudge

Do you like fudge? who doesn't like fudge? Well I figured that I would try to make some fudge. It makes for a great Christmas treat since we are coming up upon that time and it didn't seem to difficult to make. But I didn't want to take the easy route so I tried to make it the traditional way. I did again use my moms cook book that she made and some recipes were passed down. To do this I couldn't use chocolate chips and melt them but instead I used bittersweet chocolate instead of using nestle semi-sweet chocolate put it on the stove. I chose to add some nuts which wasn't in the recipe but sounded like a good idea to add. It melted, then boiled and I had to continually stir it so that the chocolate wouldn't burn while it was in the process of being melted. I used these ingredients and objects to make this happen:
- cooking pot
- Nuts (optional i used walnuts)
- Tin pan
- wax paper
- bittersweet chocolate
 

 This is what the melted chocolate looked like right after i contained it from coming to a boil, i then took it off the oven because it looked like the right texture. The recipe said "leave on oven for 5-10 minutes till comes to a boil" (Kim) which i did and then look it off but continued to stir so it wouldn't become hard before getting it into a pan where it needed to set.
 
I then set down wax paper on top of the tin pan and then dumped the fudge into the pan so it could cool and set. My fridge was too full to put this in there and since the fudge needs to be in a cold place to set the next coldest place would be my garage. I went and set the fudge out in my garage and left that to sit for the night.


So then i checked on the fudge the next morning and it set up nicely. i decided to use this as a treat i would bring to others when i go to their house for Christmas. i cut it into small cube like objects and put it on a plate. i think making this fudge helped me grow in my cooking by taking a different route on an easier task. i learned the little things like to continue stirring this food so it doesn't burn and ruin the whole thing. i think that i am growing in my cooking experience by paying attention to all details and trying various different types of food. this one turned out well showing progress in my cooking.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the subject you have here and I think that the fudge looks great! I am excited to see your progress in your cooking skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fudge look so good. I always loved fudge. Never really realized how easy it is to make. Thanks for sharing this post and I'll probably make this in the future.

    ReplyDelete