Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Bhardeep Dhaliwal, Lightroom Post Processing- Sunsets



  • The book i chose to do my blog posts on was, "The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC Book for Digital Photographers. This book is made to help photographers learn both the Lightroom and Photoshop programs which are made by Adobe. 
  • I've been shooting photography for awhile and thought the next step to progress further would be to learn how to edit pictures. No matter how good of a photographer you are, post-processing can always make any image better. 
  • For my first blog post i decided I would learn to edit pictures with sunsets, making it stick out more and be more vibrant. 
    • The picture i would be working on today is a shot that was taken of my brother's car in Bellingham along the water. 
    • The shot was taken with a Nikon D600 Full frame camera with a 50mm 
    • The shot was taken at 1/60th of a second, F4 and Iso 100
The original raw file how it came out the camera

  • Here's the original shot that i took. It's not the worst thing ever but then again it's allow not the worst. The foreground is terribly dark because when shooting for sunset, you expose for the highlights. There was a lot of work to be done but it's pretty simple
    • 1st i got my exposure set properly
    • Then, i turndown my highlights which brought more of the detail of the sunset back out. I turned up my shadows which illuminated my foreground so it wasn't so dark
    • Next i moved onto white balance, set it properly along which blacks and made sure there was nothing burnt.
    • 4th, i turned up the clarity and vibrance according to how i liked it.
    • After that, I set my white balance which i added more yellow and red to make the whole picture seem more like a sunset. 
    • Next i took a brush and brought more color and vibrance back into the sunset to match how it looked when i was at the place taking the picture. And lastly, i desaturated the foreground so it wouldn't be too warm. 
  • My end result looked like this. I'm extremely happy with it. 
The shot after i went through my entire editing flow on Lightroom, the final shot. 









2 comments:

  1. Good Job Bhardeep, I love how you can change such a dull picture into such a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete